Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day

In Atlanta, about 60,000 of us celebrate the Fourth of July by running in the world's largest 10k race, the Peachtree Road Race. I will tell you, there's nothing like running 6.2 miles at 8:00 am and then heading straight to my favorite Atlanta pub, The Prince of Wales, and slamming a few pints and a great cheeseburger, all well before 10:00 am. It's a tradition, and one that makes Independence Day maybe my favorite holiday of the year. My buddy Roger and I just accomplished our annual mission of not dying, at least long enough to get another buzz on.

To celebrate, check the MP3 below of the Boss from his solo Ghost of Tom Joad tour in 1996 for a very different take on "Born In The USA." (And be sure to go to fellow Atlantan Captain's Dead to get the rest of this magnificent recording). I saw this show in Memphis, and I can say it's definitely on my list of top 10 concerts of all time.

MP3: Bruce Springsteen - "Born In The USA" - Live from the University of Akron (9.25.96)