Thursday, March 08, 2007

Between The Click Of The Light And The Start Of The Dream


The good folks at Box.net have thrown us some extra bandwidth this month, gratis, so I figure we might as well try to use it up. For starters, we'll put the exclamation point on our coverage of Arcade Fire Release Week with this absolute gem, the band's studio session for the Canadian Broadcasting Company on October 2, 2004, not long after Funeral was released. This was the first time I had ever heard them play live (I didn't see them myself until about 3 months later), and I remember it being one of those moments where I had to stop whatever else I was doing and just listen. It's short, but it was being blasted all over their native country by the CBC, and maybe for that reason, it's still one of the most passionate and sublime performances I've ever heard them give.

Arcade Fire - CBC Session 10.02.04
01 No Cars Go
02 Neighborhood # 7 (Seven Kettles)
03 In The Back Seat
04 This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (Talking Heads cover)
05 Haiti